Stop by our lounge. It’s the perfect location for small gatherings, coffee, cards or just relaxing with friends.
PJCC wheel chair-accessible bus to Center activities. Call 650.378.2716 for a ride.
For More Information
Please contact the Byer Athletic Center front desk for additional information:
For more up–to–date information and details on these and other programs, contact our offices!
Health & Wellness
- Phone: 650.378.2775
Stay Fit For Life
- Phone: 650.378.2790
Stay Fit for Life | Fitness Program for Older Adults | PJCC
An exciting fitness program specifically designed for sedentary older adults who currently exercise less than 60 minutes a week and want to start living healthier lives. This structured program features a customized fitness routine with progressive evaluations and monitoring, as well as a variety of fitness classes.
Why Should You Stay Fit For Life?
Because frequent exercise...
- Reduces risk of heart disease, hypertension, stroke, colon cancer, osteoporosis and diabetes
- Increases your quality of life and level of energy
- Helps you feel younger and healthier
What do you get?
- Unlimited use of the PJCC state-of-the-art facilities
- Free unlimited participation in regularly scheduled classes such as:
- Water Walking
- Aqua Fitness
- Gentle Cardio
- Walking Club
- Chair Fitness
- Free* monthly wellness lectures, workshops, and social events such as:
- Healthy Cooking Demonstrations
- Diabetes Prevention
- Healthy Back Care
- Dance for Health
- Fall Prevention
*NOTE: in some cases, a small fee may apply
Optional fee-based strength-training classes are also available.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the FREE Stay Fit program, you must:
- Be age 55 or over
- Have an active PJCC Center Membership
- Complete a free BeWell Orientation
- PJCC Community Members ages 55 and over may join the monthly wellness lectures and/or workshops at the guest fee.
What results can you expect when you Stay Fit For Life?
- Increased energy and muscle strength
- Improved balance, flexibility and mobility
- Decreased blood pressure, body fat and cholesterol
- Decreased stress and improved sense of well-being
- Decreased body fat and weight loss
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
Results may vary
Get the Most Out of Life. Stay Fit For Life!
Take the next step and enroll today! Call 650.212.PJCC (7522).